"This heart of mine was made to travel the world"
so here I start, my Junior year of college, going to spend 4 months in the study abroad program at Hong Kong Baptist University in Hong Kong. As a sister of Alpha Chi Omega I hope to spread the love of our sisterhood and through this blog encourage others to take the leap out of their comfort zone, become an adventurer and see the world!

Friday, September 19, 2014

I'm A Teacher!

A few days ago Izzy told me she was going to help lead some English chat group put on by the chaplains office, so I decided to join her at the orientation meeting. I'm so glad I did! What we really signed up for was to individually teach a weekly 50 minute class for about 6 weeks! We get to come up with the lessons (thank goodness they gave us ideas) and we get to hang out and make friends with a bunch of students while we help them become better with speaking English! I'm way more excited about this than I thought I would be, but I can't wait to plan and help out these people who want to learn! Plus, I finally feel useful with languages since pretty much everyone here fluently speaks several languages ( except the Americans- though there are a few exceptions with some having learned Cantonese or Mandarin)It doesn't start for a few weeks, but I'll let you know how it goes!

Well, I need to get to bed! A group of us are heading to the Big Buddha statue early tomorrow, so look out for those adventures as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment