"This heart of mine was made to travel the world"
so here I start, my Junior year of college, going to spend 4 months in the study abroad program at Hong Kong Baptist University in Hong Kong. As a sister of Alpha Chi Omega I hope to spread the love of our sisterhood and through this blog encourage others to take the leap out of their comfort zone, become an adventurer and see the world!

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

All Things Come to an End

I have never understood the term bittersweet more than I have in this homecoming. I have been home for 3 days now and I both love it and miss HK. 

It is great to be home, with my family and in my own house. I know where everything is, I can get exactly what I want,whether it is at home or in the grocery store or elsewhere. Plus it's great have all of the things I missed that are not in HK.

However, I already miss Hong Kong. I miss the friends I made there that are already scattered across the world.It has been only a few days, but I havce been near constantly messgaing my friends from HK (thank goofness for texting or I don't know what I would do).  I miss the conveneience to get anywhere, with a long list of things to do. I miss the adventure we always managed to find.

No matter where I am, I will always have the numerous, incredible memories from my time there! It was an unforgettable 4 months, and I will use these memories to tie me over until I can go back to the amazing city! For now, hovever, my adventures in Hong Kong have come to and end and I must learn to make the most of my time here. If Hong Kong has taught me one thing, its that there is more to do in your town than you think, you just have to look for it, so I am going to look for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment